|The new firmware 2.11 brings range of new functions including NFC, support for software 2N Access Commander and more
In March, 2N released the new firmware version 2.11 for all 2N Helios IP intercoms and the access system 2N® Access Unit. It brings a whole range of new functions, support for new devices and bug fixes.
With the upgrade of 2N IP intercoms and 2N® Access Unit to firmware version 2.11 the user gains:
- NFC (Near Field Communication) – intercoms 2N® Helios IP Verso, 2N® Helios IP Force can now be fitted with a card reader supporting the NFC technology. The autonomous reader built into the access system 2N® Access Unit also supports the NFC technology. An NFC licence must be purchased to ensure full functionality.
- Support for software 2N® Access Commander – this is a tool for management of an access system from 2N. The company only guarantee its correct functioning from this firmware version.
- Support for SNMP protocol – enables a remote server to monitor the state of the intercom and support system.
Moreover, IP intercom users can enjoy the following new features:
- Noise detector – in addition to movement, the intercom can now also monitor the noise level. If a certain level is exceeded, the intercom automatically performs the required action according to the setting in the “Automation” section.
- Virtual number – the user can designate a virtual number for each user in the telephone book to operate as a speed dial option for calling a user from the intercom keypad. This number does not necessarily have to be the same as the position of the user in the telephone book.
- Editable buttons – a user saved under the speed dial button is no longer identified by a position in the telephone book. Can be newly saved, for example a user in position No. 100 as speed dial option under button No. 1.
- Support for the new version of intercom 2N® Helios IP Force with HD camera
- PTZ (pan, tilt, zoom) – the function allowing user to zoom in on a detail from the camera, will now be available on all camera intercoms. Originally, only the 2N® Helios IP Verso intercom had been supported.
- Ring group of up to 12 users – now user can call up to 12 numbers at once in a ring group.