|With current versions of Nuendo6.5 and Cubase Pro8 the studio-model will also serve as Austria´s NUAGE demo facility
In the ancient masonry of the former steelworks Radwerk XIV which dates from the 16th century, the company POMTEC has developed an All-in-One studio-concept for the Radwerk 14 studios, which covers all main-areas of audio-production on the base of Yamaha´s NUAGE. With the current versions of Nuendo6.5 and Cubase Pro8 this studio-model will also serve as Austria´s NUAGE demo facility.
"For me, NUAGE is the most future-oriented controller-solution on the market", states Peter Moritz from POMTEC.
"The current music- and film-industry is bringing the areas of recording/mixing/programming/Post-Pro and mastering more and more together – why not design a studio, in which all these functions can be best served from ONE workplace only?"
To be able to cover each branch of production within seconds by an optimal audio-visual and ergonomic adaption of the workplace.
In addition to commercial use, the interested NUAGE customer will be in a position to become acquainted with the system during operation, to check out all features and to see and use it as a model (“starting-point”) for their own studio planning.
Planning and realisation details/issues:
- 1 sweetspot which covers various tasks and listening-options with audio-visual preset-memories in 2 seating-directions.
- Sitting height related to ergonomics (NUAGE Controller <> Piano) and acoustics; the right side offers the producer/programming area with a custom-built keyboard and various controllers.
- A total recall establishes a dedicated working-situation with the project-start from Cubase/Nuendo, which ranges from recording to film music composing with complex VST Instruments/PlugIns and Vienna MIR.
- A free configurable 8x8 video matrix serves 8 displays for 3 main workstations, 2 remote computers & TV
- All computers are top-of-the-range TAO-DAW´s of the companies KSmusic and POMTEC
- Master DAW for Nuendo/Cubase and NUAGE (TAO X79-E5/Xeon12core, 64GB RAM - VSL certified)
- TAO-Slave – VSL certified PC for Samples & Mediabay
- Macbook Pro & 2 further computers for dubbing, samples & studio management.
- A hybrid MADI/Dante setup offers presets for each working situation.
- Microphone-, monitoring- and outboard-signal paths (incl. 5 headphone cues) are freely configurable in routing presets and stored with Nuendo/Cubase projects.
- A monitoring matrix based upon the hybrid MADI/Dante connection offers monitoring, metering and audio-transfer in production up to 96 kHz in mastering to 192 kHz.
- Speaker-setups are integrated in production- and audio-I/O presets and thus offer monitoring for
- Stereo nearfield - front
- Stereo main monitors - front
- Stereo midfield – side for programming and editing
- 5.1 Surround